Pristina - KFOR Commander Major General Lorenzo D'ADDARIO, the Italian ambassador in Kosovo Cristoforo Sardi and Local Authorities attended the ceremony for the transfer of the ownership of a Bailey bridge from the Italian Contingent to the Deçan / Dečani municipality.
The donation of the bridge, located near the Christian Orthodox monastery of Visoki Deçan / Dečani, was sealed by the signing of the transfer of ownership and the cutting of the ribbon by the Commander of Regional Command West, Colonel Daniele Pisani and of the first citizen of Decane, Bashkim Ramosaj.
The bridge, 24 meters long and 4 meters wide, with a load capacity of 15 tons, has not been aimed solely at the conduct of military activities. In fact, it has been always available to the local population, who nicknamed it "the bridge of the Italians".
The donation is part of the civil and military cooperation activities carried out by the Italian contingent, which since 1999 have operated in these places under the auspices of NATO/KFOR, through UN Security Council Resolution 1244, contributing to the maintenance of a safe and secure environment.