Colonel Aleksandrov was born on September 15, 1958 in Svishtov, Bulgaria.
In 1980, he graduated as infantry Lieutenant from the Higher National Military School "Vasil Levski” in Veliko Trnovo, Bulgaria. Later on, he graduated from the Military Academy in Moscow, Russia. In 2001 he graduated at NATO Defense College, Senior Course 98, in Rome, Italy.
Between 1994 and 1998 he completed short-term courses at the Command Academy of the Bundeswehr in Hamburg, Germany, at the UN Peacekeeping Operations Center in Vienna, Austria and at the NATO School in Oberammergau, Germany.
In 1993, he participated in UN Peace Keeping Operation UNTAC, in Cambodia. In 1995 and 1996, he was a Senior National Officer of the Bulgarian Contingent, in the peace keeping operation UNAVEM III, in Angola. During the Bulgarian Chairmanship, in the period 2009 – 2011, he held the position of Chief of the Secretariat of the South Eastern Defence Ministerial Process
• Since 2011: Chief of Military technical cooperation and confidence and security-building measures department in the Ministry of Defense;
• Since 2010: Chief of Armaments control department in the Ministry of Defense;
• Since 2006: Deputy Chief of Military Contacts department in General Staff of the Bulgarian Armed Forces;
• 2004 – 2006: Bulgarian Deputy Military Representative to the NATO Military Committee and since 2005 also in EUMC;
• 2000 – 2004: Chief of Integration and interoperability with NATO department in the General Staff of the Bulgarian Armed Forces;
• 1998 – 1999: Interoperability Section Head within the NATO and WEU department;
• 1996 – 1997: Deputy Chief of Joint operations department in the General Staff of the Bulgarian Armed Forces;
• 1995 – 1996: Senior National Officer of the Bulgarian Contingent, peace keeping operation UNAVEM III, Angola
• 1992 – 1994: Deputy chief of Training, operations and participation in joint multinational operational forces in General Staff of the Bulgarian Army;
• 1992 - 1993: UN Peace Keeping Operation UNTAC in Cambodia;
• 1990 – 1992: Chief of Military Division within the Regional Military Department;
• 1987 – 1990: Student at the Military Academy – Moscow, Russia;
• 1984 – 1987: Deputy commander of separate infantry battalion;
• 1984: Company commander
• 1981 – 1984: Deputy company commander;
• 1980 – 1981: Platoon commander.
As of July 1, 2012 he took over the position of Chief NATO Liaison Office Skopje.
Colonel Aleksandrov has been awarded with Ministry of Defense Officer’s Ceremonial Knife in 1984, a Commendation Medal "For Meritorious Service under the Colours” – Second (2002) and Third Grade (1996), UN medal "In Peace Service” in 1996 and a Ministry of Defense Medal of Honor Second grade "St. George”.
Colonel Aleksandrov is married and has one son. He speaks English and Russian language.